… Every corner of the Tuscan landscape is full of tracks of ancient cultures

THE ESTATE PIAGGIA

On the Francigena road only 15 minutes from San Gimignano and 45 from Siena, Florence and Pisa is hidden the “Borgo di Piaggia” where time seems to have stopped..

The Tenuta di Piaggia is made by the villa and some holdings. “La Cappella” with the family chapel, “Il Belvedere”, “La Casetta di Piaggia”, “Piaggina”, and finally Piaggia holding situated in the centre of the farm, giving name to the whole estate.
The Tenuta di Piaggia is made of 150 hectares – 20 of which are vineyards and 20 more are olive trees.
Francesco and Veronica Passerin d’Entrèves take care of the whole stages of the production from the vineyards to the cellar, offering a selection of products made in respect of the tradition and of the philosophy that the wine and the olive oil must be expression of their “terroir”.

HISTORY OF THE ESTATE

The first tracks of the Piaggia inhabited place date back to year 1000 A. D. At that time the complex was a cloister on the “via Francigena” – the main road from France to Rome – that still pass through the estate joining San Vivaldo to Montaione.

The estate was originally owned by the Guicciardini-Strozzi family that used it as hunting lodge. Then it passed to the Bardini family (the same of the Bardini museum in Florence) and in the second half of the twentieth century, it was bought by the Billeri family and passed to the current Conti di Passerin d’Entrèves and Courmayeur.